We worked with Ventana Mountain Bikes USA to create a new plus-sized trail hardtail called Wolfram. Available with 27.5"+ or 29"+ wheels, the geometry follows current trends of longer top tubes for use with shorter stems, slack head angle for better stability on technical terrain, and short chain stays for a more playful feel and to make picking your way through obstacles easier. The oversized plus tires provide amazing traction and give the back end a little squish. We like to call it an all mountain hardtail. Some might call it an enduro hardtail. One of our friends would call it a Funduro. Whatever you call it, it is a very capable bike that is tons of fun to ride.
Completely manufactured in-house at Ventana's factory in Northern California, the Cycle Monkey editions of the Wolfram 27.5+ and 29+ feature dedicated cable routing for the Rohloff SPEEDHUB 500/14 and stealth dropper seatposts and are belt drive compatible through Ventana's clever adjustable dropout system for the most maintenance-free trail bike drivetrain available. Check out the packages below or call us to discuss a custom build.
- Signature: $7090
- Standard: $6040
Both packages come with a Rohloff SPEEDHUB 500/14 14-speed internal gear hub and Gates Carbon Drive belt system.
Contact us at email@example.com or 510-868-1777 for more information or to place an order.
Ventana Wolfram Build Kit Options
Rohloff SPEEDHUB 500/14 Highlights
- 14 gears with a 526% overall change in gear ratio offers the same range as most three by nine mountain bike derailleur systems.
- Proven hub internals provide 100,000+ miles of reliable service.
- Shifting mechanism is completely protected within the hubshell and sealed from the elements.
- Shift reliably in sand, snow, mud, and other riding conditions that are harsh on traditional drivetrains.
- Shift between gears at any time, even when coasting or while stopped.
- Hub needs no maintenance other than an annual oil change.
- Large diameter, symmetrical hub flanges build into strong, stiff wheels.